Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hemp Infused Beverages - An intriguing idea for Cannabis players (RMHB)

Alright, full disclaimer right up front.  I took out a long position on RMHB on Monday October 10th 2016, so the opinions I am about to express are obviously biased, I eat my own cooking in other words.  

RMHB is a penny stock trading for less than one single American nickel.  I view stocks at this level to be the ultimate risk reward plays.  Get in early and there is potential for explosive gains, come late to the party after a huge jump and you might have a long wait, and quite possibly losses if you buy in at a peak that's brought on by irrational exuberance.

But at less than 4 cents as of Tuesday's close I don't think RMHB is anywhere near the point of "huge gains", but I can definitely see the potential for that to happen.

So what's the story here.

Rocky Mountain High Brands came on to my radar in the usual way, via some chatter on a message board at the site Investors-Hangout where I participate with the username "growacet".  I am an admitted social media junkie, and truth be told something of an attention whore.  I often see penny stocks being talked about bullishly on stock boards, and usually I'll check the chart and find they've already jumped 500 or 1,000 percent.  When that happens I move on, but RMHB is trading near its 52 week low.  

So what did I find so interesting about Rocky Mountain High Brands?  A picture is worth a thousand words, and a picture posted with a message sent my wheels spinning.



Energy and health drinks infused with Hemp?  WoW!!!  I'd never even considered that as being possible.  Time to do some research.  Is drinking something infused with hemp seed extract healthy? Turns out it is, which is hardly surprising given all the articles coming out about the health benefits of Cannabis.  Here's an article on such things as Omega 3 and Omega 6 benefits from Hemp Seed Extract:


I'm not going to go in depth on explaining the relationship between Cannabis, Hemp and Marijuana, those sufficiently intrigued can do further research if they want.  Suffice to say they're all from the same family, however do note that the active ingredient in Marijuana that creates the "high" is called THC, and it is not present in this drink.  

Still reading?  Okay....regular readers of this pathetic and miserable little blog (all 3 of you) know my style.  I'm not gonna start pounding the table screaming GET IN NOW THIS IS GONNA EXPLODE!!! That's not my style, all stocks are risky and penny stocks are the riskiest.  They also have the potential to make the biggest % gains of course, its the old risk reward dynamic.  

Regulars also know I'm not big on fundamentals, I consider them as being already "baked into" the PPS.  And obviously with a stock trading for less than 5 cents, you're not going to see a robust balance sheet and a history of big profits.  Hemp infused drinks are something new however, so there isn't a 20 year history here.  

The chances for a $0.03 cent stock hitting $1.00 are slim, but they're better than the odds of a $3.00 stock going to $100.00...I've seen many OTC penny stocks go from pennies to dollars, I can only recall one stock trading in and around $3 going to $100+ without having to adjust for forward splits. 

The company's latest PR came out on October 11th 2016.  The most significant development from my perspective is RMHB moving off the Pink Sheeted Gray Market and onto the OTCQB.  I consider this hugely significant because there's no filing requirements on the pinks, while the OTCQB requires that SEC filings like 10Q's and 10K's be up to date.  There are traders and investors who won't touch the Pink Sheets and I'm one of them.  In Canada I draw the line at the Venture Exchange and in the US with the OTCQB.  I won't touch Pink or CSE stocks.  


Note that the company has a stated intention of moving off the OTC altogether and onto the AMEX exchange.  Yes I know its no longer called that but I'm old and will always refer to it as the AMEX. If you're reading this and thinking of RMHB as a possible long term play then I would advise you to expect a Reverse Split.  In my opinion if they're going to up-list the shares to a senior exchange, a share consolidation is an almost certainty to meet more stringent bid price requirements.  

I've identified a number of stocks on here over the past four months that have made some big jumps in a short period of time and I very much like the chances for RMHB to do the same.  If it does I will remind everyone of my favourite little bromide:  Nobody ever went broke taking profits.  

I'll leave you with the chart.  If the PPS gets over the 200 DMA I don't see it hitting resistance until the .06 to .07 cent area.  Assuming that happens then a 50/200 DMA Golden Cross would be in the cards and could signal a potential blue sky breakout.



Comments are welcome so long as they're respectful and without profanity, even bearish opinions are okay.  A market requires both buyers and sellers after all.  

Cheers and good luck.



8 comments:

  1. Well thought and expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. As noted in the above blog posting...I don't touch stocks that trade on the pinks in the US or on the CSE in Canada.

      Delete
    2. I will say this about TNY....from a gold exploration company, to fertilizer company, to now being a hemp beverage company....might be good for trading, but I bet they change their focus again when another sector gets hot.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI for anyone following my postings on RMHB, I closed my long position at a 50% gain. Hopefully those who end up with the shares I sold also make $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought at .13. Down to .115 today BUT I've been in touch with the co. and believe in it totally. I'm willing to go long.... RMHB

    ReplyDelete