Sunday, June 5, 2016

Eguana Technolgies mentioned in NY Times article about "FREE" energy

I wrote about Eguana Technolgies back on May 1st of this year already:

The Lure of Green Energy

The world is changing, but then that's nothing new.  Twenty years ago I in 1996 I was not writing a blog that's for sure.  Back then if someone was surfing they were near a beach, and the web wasn't something world wide, it was something spun by a spider.  Tech savvy individuals who were ahead of the "information age" curve, they were connecting at baud rate speeds of 28.8 kbps, and were excited about the advance to 33.6.    

Even cell phones back at that time, they were bulky analog things, my first one was commonly referred to as "the brick", with a battery that was thicker and heavier than any of the smart phones commonly used today, phone and battery together.  And smart phones which are everywhere now, they were thought to be too expensive when they first started hitting the market it 2006 and 2007.  

The world changes fast.

We have already seen an explosion in the market capitalization for junior mining companies engaged in the development of lithium projects.  The vast majority of them are not yet active, but that hasn't stopped investors from storming in and sending share prices up 100, 500, even 1,000 per cent in just a year or two.  

Those who get in front of the herd can make a lot of money.  The difficulty is in deciding where the herd is going to go next.  

As regular readers of this pathetic and nearly invisible little blog already know, I like to state my biases up front.  As I disclosed in the May 1st piece I wrote on Eguana, I am invested in this company so my opinions should be viewed in that light.  All my readers, all three of you, know that I don't put much stock in fundamental data.  I view all fundamentals as being old information, and as such I already consider it to be priced in.

What I consider essential when investing in speculative stocks, is to get in before the herd shows up. That comes with risks however, because although I may get in before the herd, there's always a chance that the sheep will ignore my little corner of the investment pasture and walk right on by.  

When I first wrote about Eguana it was trading at 15 cents on the TSX Venture exchange (symbol EGT.V).  This past Friday it closed at 28 cents, so its already fast approaching a double for me, but I still see the potential for a lot more upside.  Part of the reason is this recent mention by the NY Times.


In that article is one little snippet mentioning Eguana:

"Half the test homes also have energy storage systems with LG batteries and Eguana inverters, which help manage the flow of electricity between the solar installation, home and grid, to allow researchers to test and compare how much value they add".

You may have heard the expression "when someone else blows your horn the sound travels twice as far" or something close to that.  I like the fact that's there's no mention of Eguana as a publicly traded company in this NY Times story, and at least so far, there has been no PR issued from Eguana touting the news.  

Does Eguana have the potential to attract investors the way junior mining companies engaged in lithium projects have?  Ultimately I don't know, but I do see it as a distinct possibility. Technically the chart is pointing heavily toward overbought right now, which in the short term could translate into a pull back.  But I have seen overbought stocks stay that way and continue climbing before.  Lithium mining caught the attention of investors, maybe battery storage systems and the concept of free energy can too.

Who knows?  Maybe in another ten or twenty years we'll be talking about paying electricity bills the same way we talk about old clunky cell phones and 28.8 baud rate modems now. 

Do note again that I consider Eguana to be highly speculative, and it is not a suitable investment for everyone.  There are no slam dunks in the markets, and certainly not with penny stocks.  It is my full intention to sell at some (as yet undetermined) point.  And I fully expect to sell too soon.  Just as with Nemaska when I disclosed selling I also expressed the opinion that I considered continued appreciation in the share price of NMX to be very likely, and that's exactly what happened.  

I sold Nemaska too soon, but a conversation with my brother helped ease the pain after leaving over 50 cents per share in profits on the table, he told me:  "Cry into the money you made on a 500% gain".

With the prospect of Eguana being part of a revolution that leads to electricity bills of just $10 or perhaps even $0, I like the chances for at least another 500% gain....and if I sell too soon, allowing those who end up with my shares a chance at big gains themselves, its all good.


You'll never go broke taking profits folks.  Cheers and good luck






3 comments:

  1. Thank you...great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I am one of your 3 readers and would like to say "thank you" for sharing the information that you've researched. My investment in lithium and reading posts from investment forums brought me to this Eguana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also--

    http://business.financialpost.com/midas-letter/podcast-eguana-technologies-ceo-justin-holland-on-competing-with-tesla

    Might I suggest you do an article for Seeking Alpha? You write very well, and it would help Eguana get more exposure. I think people getting in in the mid 20 cent range (Canada)can still hope for a triple.

    Thanks for introducing me to this company.

    Don

    ReplyDelete