Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ellis Martin Report pulls Nemaska interview from their You Tube channel...

An interesting comment was put up on my Seeking Alpha instablog on a post about Nemaska Lithium.  The post had the subject line:  Why I got off the Nemaska Train Yesterday.  It was published on April 21st, before the birth of Avoid The Bag.  

In that post I included a link to an interview that Nemaska Lithium had done with The Ellis Martin Report, noting the extensive reach of this promotional firm with a radio network broadcasting into a lot of major US markets, places like NYC, Seattle, Houston, DC and more.

The comment came from someone with the user ID EllisMartinReport, representing himself as Ellis Martin.  In point of fact I believe it to be genuine.  I am as yet unable to verify the identity, but that ID has been on Seeking Alpha since 2010.  In the comment (which I will include) EllisMartinReport said the interview with Nemaska had been removed from their You Tube channel, and in fact it has been.

Here is the old URL:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKwgoxi8x0E&feature=youtu.be

There are also some other interesting comments which I will now share, to read it on Seeking Alpha just go to my original Seeking Alpha instablog post linked above:

*****************************************************************************
Hi Joe! 

After pulling my youtube piece on Nemaska from youtube this morning, I googled to see how the company may have been using me and/or my piece further. That's when I found your blog. 

It is absolutely true as you say in that most companies pay me for the exposure of their soft interview to my audience. I disclose that fully on my website and my radio program. I was asked by a friend as a personal favor to do a friendly interview on the company and another lithium company (PE) when they visited in Los Angeles. I reluctantly agreed, knowing the the lithium space might be over-hyped and these companies probably wouldn't pay for the advertising and audience that I offer. 

Note: How many people do you know that personally own an electric car? Secondly, do we not have an oil glut? I could go on and on. Does Nemaska have the best real estate in Quebec province for lithium? Probably yes. Is the lithium space a potential bubble? Probably. 

Was I paid by Nemaska for the interview? Much to my chagrin, absolutely not. Did they promise to do so? No. Was everything in the interview stated true? Most likely. I have received a comment or two from investors in NMX thanking me for my report even though they believed it was paid for...thanking me nevertheless. 

But I must state categorically in this and perhaps other blogs where I find information like this posted about my segment with NMX, that I do not recommend, nor do I support investment in this company or the lithium space, nor have I ever been paid to do so. As I've said to many who have asked and many who haven't, I am not a financial adviser or expert. I am a paid broadcast journalist and interviewer. 

I regret conducting the interview or airing the piece on my network, which was limited to VoiceAmerica.com and not the terrestrial radio stations you listed which are certainly part of my overall network. The VoiceAmerica Business Channel and YouTube alone are more than adequate in conveying a message however. 

Furthermore and finally...does anyone remember the rare earth space? Enough said. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to publish this. Joe, you're a sharp guy. 

Yours, 

Ellis Martin. The Ellis Martin Report.


***************************************************************

There seems to be a lot of subtext here for those adept at reading between the lines.  Of course that`s assuming the message is genuine, and I believe it is.  What I find of particular interest is the parts in bold, that emphasis is my own not Mr. Martin's.  

It appears the interview was done as a favor, however from the tone of the comment I detect that Mr. Martin was likely expecting some kind of remuneration,  But it seems nothing was contractually agreed to and now he's more than a little put off in my opinion.

Does Mr. Martin have cause to be ticked?  If things played out here the way he suggests, then yes I do.  This interview took place on March 3rd of 2016 and was put up on The Ellis Martin Report's You Tube channel one day later on March 4th.  Did the interview have any impact on the trading of Nemaska`s shares?  I will let you be the judge, just look at what happened after that March 3rd date, both volume and the PPS exploded.

Was this the result of the interview?  That's impossible to say conclusively, but I do think it had some impact.  Of course Nemaska has been getting a lot of exposure lately.  The Midas Letter, Investor Intel, InvestingNews, the Las Vegas Lithium investor show, DecisionPlus...and likely a few more.  

I will keep watching Nemaska even though I no longer have any position, long or short.  I will be watching to see how things play out as they move closer to actual production sometime in 2018 barring any delays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment