Monday, January 8, 2018

Glowpoint Inc - Buying the rumour (GLOW)

Glowpoint Inc is a stock that trades on the NYSE Amex.  I would never have heard of it were it not for a conversation last week with an acquaintance. Someone who travels on the periphery of some pretty deep pocketed and well known personalities, including some in the media.  

The rumour I heard is that Glowpoint may be looking to use its cloud based conferencing technology to get in on the digital currency bandwagon, specifically in the area of blockchain technology.

I don't know whether its true or not, but based on the chart and the increased trading of the past few months, I'm taking a flyer on this one.  




I haven't touched Bitcoin or any of the other digital currencies that have grabbed everyone's attention.  And if GLOW does end up moving into this sector it will be my first time investing in any stocks associated with the broader crypto-currency market.

I'm not concerned though, Riot Blockchain (RIOT) was reportedly a biotech company until a name change this past October.  This whole sector has heated up and there still aren't many publicly traded companies that have moved in. 

We shall see how it works out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment